21st Century Community Learning Centers Program
TJES is not currently a participant in the 21st Century program.Program Description
However, TJES usually provides most or all of the following activities:
Theodore Jamerson Elementary School 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program once provided students with academic enrichment opportunities that support student learning and development, including tutoring, homework help, hands-on math and science and technology programs, sports and cultural activities. The program meets state and local standards in reading and mathematics. The program is designed to keep the children drug and alcohol-free, with parent training to help guide our youth into the future.
After-School Activity Policy
1. Students must be in school ALL day (no tardy, no check out) .
2. Have all work completed.
3. No behavioral referrals to office.
4. Signed permission slip.
5. Not allowed to sign up for activity if unexcused absences occur.
Pick-up procedures on all after school activities are as follows:
1. If your child lives on campus he or she may walks home after the activity.
2. If you indicate on the permission form that you will pick your child up from the activity, then we will have students in the main building at TJES. A TJES staff member has to see the student leave with the parent or family member. Please be on time.
3. If your child rides the bus home, the child will be given a late bus pass allowing them to ride the second bus.
Family Night is a time that families and their children do academic and craft activities.
These activities are held in the UTTC multipurpose room from 5:00 to 7:00
Food will be served during the activity.
Before participating in activities, families MUST sign up each month
Participation is limited to the 1st 25 families so sign up early!
Parents must accompany their children and participate in a family activity.
Family Night will be one Wednesday per month
Once a month students participate in a Saturday Shake-Up. Students work on Math and Science related activities in the morning and take part in a recreational activity during the afternoon.
Please remember children must be picked up by 3:00 PM
Math and Reading:
This group will meed Mon, Tues, and Thursday from 3:15 - 4:15 p.m. Reading and Math group is only available for students that were referred by classroom teachers.
Wednesdays with Grayson Erling from 3:15 - 4:15pm. Meet Grayson in the main elementary building. All boys in grades k - 6 are welcome.
TJ Investigators: (Science Club)
This groups meets every Monday from 3:15 - 4:15. Activities begins by guiding students in grades 4 - 8 to prepare their own science fair projects for the local and state science fairs. After the state science fair, opportunities for lower grades to explore the natural world by hands-on experiments are provided in group and individual experiments. Sign up is limited to specific grades for specific activities.
*All activities not noted with time are 3:15 - 4:15