To provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally.
The FACE program is an early literacy program that promotes school readiness in three settings- home, school, and community. It is opened to all enrolled Native American families living in the Bismarck/Mandan communities.
The FACE program offers both Home-based and Center-based services to enrolled families which are located on the UTTC campus next to Theodore Jamerson Elementary school. Home-Base is located in building 76 and Center-Base is located in building 99 A/B.
Face Program Contact Form
• Language/Culture activities
• Early Literacy based throughout program
• Engage in your early learning through play, technology, community based and hands on learning.
• Free Services for families
• Books are part of our early literacy program and are provided by B.I.E. and Dolly Parton Foundation.
• Home based services have parent educators who provide parents with support in their role as their child's first and most influential teacher. Parent Educators facilitate FACE Family Circles providing child development topics, screenings, guest speakers, meal, books, door prizes and additional resources.
• Families with children prenatal to age 3
• Weekly personal visits
• Home-Base provides incentives for participation! Our Parent Store includes baby/toddler section, Home & Cleaning supplies, and much more!
• Parents learn to be their child's first teacher
• Children learn by playing with their parents
FACE Center-based services
• Preschool classroom setting with semi structured instruction where teacher scaffolds learning through child exploration. They provide a rich learning environment for parents and child to engage in play for 1 hour per day during Parent and Child Time. (PACT). Monday through Thursday, 8-3. Children are enrolled in Dolly Parton's Imagination Library where they receive a free book monthly. We are your partner in preparing your child for kindergarten and life long learning. As you enjoy the journey by observing their development and ensuring their educational needs are met.
FACE Family Circle
• A monthly FACE family Circle is provided to enrolled Home-Based families to share ideas and learn new information on their child's development. Sharing your culture and traditions provides an opportunity for a deeper enriched learning experience. We would enjoy learning more about you!
• Come and meet new families and share what is working for you.
• Our Parent Educators will provide evidence based information in child development Prenatal through 5 yrs.
• All Home-Based families are welcome to attend our monthly meetings.
Adult Education Classroom
Our Adult Education classroom is set up to meet your educational needs. Supporting you as you set goals in family, educational or in areas of your life where you want to make changes or try something new.
We support you parenting provide parent topic that fit your family needs.
As part of program your participation and involvement your child classroom is an requirement. We are here to work with your schedule. Our contact information is listed below.
United Tribes Technical College
Theodore Jamerson Elementary
3315 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Jenna Delorme- (701)-221-1832 Parent Educator
Monique Gladue- (701)-221-1829 Parent Educator
Kilreen Reynolds- (701)-221-1835 and/or (701)-221-1833 Preschool
Cyndee McLeod- (701)-221-1830 Adult Education