Family and Child Education
A literary program; Making a difference for American Indian families.
To provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally.
Family and Child Education ; A literacy program; Making a difference for American Indian families.
The FACE program offers both Home-based and Center-based services to enrolled families.
• Home based services have parent educators who provide parents with support in their role as their child's first and most influential teacher. Both programs facilitate FACE Family Circles providing child development topics, screenings, guest speakers, a lite meal, books, door prizes and additional resources.
• Center-based services include Adult Education, Early Childhood Education, Parent and Child Together (PACT) Time, and Parent Time.
Come visit us at our center base building #99A/B UTTC Campus Adult education and Early Childhood (Preschool).
Building 76 is home base services Home visiting parent educators.
Face Program Information
• Language/Culture activities
• Early Literacy based throughout program
• Engage in your early learning through play, technology, community based and hands on learning.
• Free Services for families
• A monthly FACE family Circle is provided to all families to share ideas and learn new information on their child's development. Sharing your culture and traditions provides an opportunity for a deeper enriched learning experience. We would enjoy learning more about you!
• Books are part of our early literacy program and are provided by B.I.E. and Dolly Parton Foundation.
• Families with children prenatal to age 3
• Visits made in the home
• Fun! Books, homemade toys, activities
• Parents learn to be their child's first teacher
• Children learn by playing with their parents
FACE Center-based services
• Preschool classroom setting with semi structured instruction where teacher scaffolds learning through child exploration. They provide a rich learning environment for parents and child to engage in play for 1 hour per day during Parent and Child Time. (PACT). Monday through Thursday, 8-3. Children are enrolled in Dolly Parton's Imagination Library where they receive a free book monthly. We are your partner in preparing your child for kindergarten and life long learning. As you enjoy the journey by observing their development and ensuring their educational needs are met.
FACE Family Circle
• Come and meet new families share what is working for you.
• Our FACE Team will provide evidence based information in child development Prenatal through 5 yrs.
• All family will be are welcome to attend our monthly meeting, or we may have a special meeting for expectation or new parents. Field trip to a community event.
Adult Education Classroom
Our Adult Education classroom is set up to meet your educational needs. Supporting you as you set goals in family, educational or in areas of your life where you want to make changes or try something new.
We support you parenting provide parent topic that fit your family needs.
As part of program your participation and involvement your child classroom is an requirement. We are here to work with your schedule. Our contact information is listed below.
United Tribes Technical College
Theodore Jamerson Elementary
3315 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
ext. 1835 - Adult Education
ext. 1833 - FACE PreSchool Education Classroom
ext. 1832 & 1829- Home-Based Services
2016 - 2017 Photos